Four nights in a tropical paradise? Total tease, but yes, please.
This trip had to be one of our least planned vacations ever. Most of our “adventures” usually involve painstaking research, excessive review-reading, and lots of planning to ensure we get the most out of our time. Sounds spontaneous, I know. Grand Cayman, however, went something like this:
HUSBAND: I found a great deal online for a trip to Grand Cayman. Wanna go?
That was pretty much it. He found the deal on cheapcaribbean.com, which does have great packages sometimes, so it’s worth a look if you’re trying to plan an inexpensive beach getaway. We got airfare and hotel for 4 nights for some obnoxiously low price, so we jumped on it without giving it too much more thought.
Here are links to the reviews I posted on TripAdvisor:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort – Right on Seven Mile Beach.
- Solana – Restaurant at the Marriott where we ate most of our meals.
- Chicken! Chicken! – Yes, that’s the name of a restaurant. I can’t make this stuff up.
- Kittiwake Shipwreck Dive – Beautiful wreck for any level diver.
- Red Sail Sports – The dive tour operator we used for the Kittiwake dive. Yes, the overpriced underwater photos are beautiful and totally worth it.
- Camana Bay – A great place to walk around, shop, eat, and drink.
- Karoo – A fantastic tapas restaurant in Camana Bay.